There are over a million and a half apps for iPhone and iPad and the number just keeps growing. Every day new and newly updated apps hit the App Store, and it’s impossible to keep up with all of them. Luckily, you don’t have to. All you have to do is bookmark this page and come back every day. When you do, we’ll have the best of the best new apps waiting for you!
Best new and updated apps
This week, catch up on your reading (or audiobook listening) with Bookmate, check out the news coming from your favorite RSS feeds with Elytra, or listen to your favorite podcasts with Cosmicast.
- Bookful – Bring books to life with the power of augmented reality. Each book available through the Bookful app turns into a 3D AR experience. Characters pop out of the pages and animate their adventures, letting them expand beyond the pages to help children better absorb the content of the story. Each book features different actives in which children can participate. There is a mixture of free and purchasable content, and books available include DK’s Children’s Encyclopedia and The Tale of Peter Rabbit. Free – Download Now
- Opener – Opener lets you open links where you want to, not where iOS thinks you should. If you’ve ever clicked on a YouTube link only to be taken to YouTube in Safari rather than the YouTube app, Opener will be a great utility for you. The same goes links for other services that could open apps, but often don’t. Just activate Opener’s action extension, then the next time you hold down on a link or tap the share button, you can tap on the extension, then tap where the link should be opened. $1.99 – Download Now
- HomeRun – A better way to control your HomeKit accessories from your Apple Watch than Apple’s own Home app. HomeRun lets you customize your home control setup, allowing you to make buttons for each of your HomeKit scenes. Choose a color for each button, along with a glyph, then decide how they’ll be laid out in HomeRun. Putting more buttons in one row automatically changes their size, and you can have as many buttons as your HomeKit setup will allow. Just tap a button to activate that scene right from your wrist.. $2.99 – Download Now
The apps in this collection will help you with those holiday travel plans, whether you’re looking to book a flight or find a place to stay.
- Hopper – You’ve seen where you want to go, now it’s a matter of getting there for a good price. Hopper keeps its eyes on airline prices, and predicts when you should book your flight for maximum savings. As soon as prices drop, Hopper notifies you based on the trip dates that you’ve outlined. With its most recent update, Hopper has expanded its offerings beyond flights to hotels. Hopper will now look for price drops for hotels when you travel to New York, Miami, Chicago, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles. Free – Download Now
- HotelTonight – Maybe your hotel was overbooked and didn’t have a room for you, or maybe you headed off spontaneously and need a place to crash. Whatever the case may be, HotelTonight is the app you want. It helps you find deals on last minute hotel reservations, letting you search by city, attractions, and more. And don’t forget the in-app concierge, which uses real people to direct you around your destination, with restaurants, fun things to do, and more. Free- Download Now
- Airbnb – With Airbnb, you don’t book a hotel, you book a home. Find unique places to stay across the world by renting time in a person’s home. You can even connect with your host while on the go just to touch base or to ask any questions you have. But going beyond a place to stay, Airbnb helps you find interesting things to do while visiting a new place. Experience what your destination has to offer, from tourist attractions to hidden spots favorited by locals. Free- Download Now