Apple will be releasing the second developer betas of iOS 12.2 and watchOS 5.2 later today.
On the first iOS 12.2 developer beta, we found evidence of a new generation of AirPods with voice-activated Hey Siri, the Apple News Premium subscription service, new iPads and iPod touch that could be released with this update, and many other changes and improvements.
The release notes for today’s update only mention bug fixes. We’ll update this post if anything interesting can be found on the new beta.
This update may or may not include the fix for the FaceTime eavesdropping bug, which Apple promised to fix on an update to the general public this week, probably iOS 12.1.4.
Here’s what we found in the first beta:
- New Screen Mirroring icon in Control Center
- New full screen Apple TV Remote Control Center interface
- New “Speakers & TVS” in Home app settings
- More detailed Apple Wallet UI for Recent Transactions
- Updated details button in Wallet card UI
- Tap a transaction for more detail
- Card details feature bubbly inset rectangles rows
- Motion & Orientation Data is new Safari toggle in iOS Settings
- Air Quality Index reading in Maps
- Safari warns about websites not supporting HTTPS
- Fill in a search suggestion without submitting the search
- Apple News in Canada
- Keyboard color picker
- Inline Safari music playback
- Album name full song search results in Music app