As we’ve seen earlier this week, Apple Pay may be coming on February 19 in Czech Republic. Apple also said that the app will be coming in Saudi Arabia too.
According to advertisements in Saudi Arabia from Al-Rajhi Bank, Apple Pay will be launching on February 19. This is the exact same date as Czech Republic launching their Apple Pay. The Czech Republic said that Apple has set an embargo and will be launching Apple Pay at 6:00 local time.
Back in October, Apple has revealed that it would bring Apple Pay to Saudi Arabia some time soon! From that time Saudi Arabia Network Payments confirmed that it would support the NFC-based mobile payment standard. Al-Rahji Bank is the only bank so far supporting Apple Pay in Saudi Arabia.
This isn’t though the first time Apple, is launching two countries Apple Pay at the same time. Back in November, Belgium and Kazakhstan received Apple Pay at the same time.
Apple Pay recently expanded to Target and Taco Bell. Some companies such as Kroger are yet to accept Apple as their billing app. They also created Kroger Pay a QR code paying app, an alternative to Apple Pay.
You can read the full list of Apple’s supported shops and carriers here.
- iPhone XS vs. iPhone 11 Pro app launch speed test
- Batman’s Fortnite crossover is official, underway now
- YouTube Music begins rolling out ‘Discover Mix’ playlist
- iPhone 11 Night Mode lets us see the world through the dark
- How to upgrade to your new Apple Watch without losing data from watchOS 6