The remastered Final Fantasy 9 is available on Nintendo Switch today, and Final Fantasy 7 will follow on March 26, Nintendo announced during today’s Nintendo Direct.
Final Fantasy 10 and Final Fantasy 10-2 are joining the classics on April 16. All reastered games are available for the Xbox One and PC due to today.
Square and Nintendo first mentioned the ports in September’s Nintendo Direct. The Switch will, additionally, get his 2016 Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age later this year.
And a spin-off, Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy is due to release on March. 20. Square Enix also has plans for a Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 port of Final Fantasy: The Crystal Chronicles but it has yet to be dated for western release. It’s launching in Japan sometime this year.
Final Fantasy 9 first launched in 2000 on PlayStation; it was re-released in 2016 for PC and on PS4 in 2017. Final Fantasy 7, the classic from 1997, was re-released on PS4 in 2015.
- Apple premieres TV+ show Dickinson at Tribeca Festival
- The 5 biggest announcements from the latest Final Fantasy 14 livestream
- YouTube Music Charts launches in India
- New Google Pixel 4 XL leaked photos reaffirm key specs
- Kuo: iPhone 11 demands are higher than expected