The remastered Final Fantasy 9 is available on Nintendo Switch today, and Final Fantasy 7 will follow on March 26, Nintendo announced during today’s Nintendo Direct.
Final Fantasy 10 and Final Fantasy 10-2 are joining the classics on April 16. All reastered games are available for the Xbox One and PC due to today.
Square and Nintendo first mentioned the ports in September’s Nintendo Direct. The Switch will, additionally, get his 2016 Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age later this year.
And a spin-off, Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy is due to release on March. 20. Square Enix also has plans for a Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 port of Final Fantasy: The Crystal Chronicles but it has yet to be dated for western release. It’s launching in Japan sometime this year.
Final Fantasy 9 first launched in 2000 on PlayStation; it was re-released in 2016 for PC and on PS4 in 2017. Final Fantasy 7, the classic from 1997, was re-released on PS4 in 2015.
- The 2019 Pride Sport Loop and Apple Watch faces
- Galaxy Note 10 tipped to have 3-stage variable aperture camera, ‘Sound on Display’
- ‘Googler-only’ July OTA rolls out to some Pixel 3a devices
- Adobe Lightroom hits the Mac App Store and you can try it out for free
- This is what the 2020 iPhones might look like