Fortnite Season 7 has opened with the best news for gamers…Hoverboards! The news have been previously teased from Epic and the company made it actual on Season 7 release.
Although the hoverboard is the best news for gamers right now, Epic is not over yet. The company is also releasing two limited-time gaming modes, which include the Driftboard and another, where Epic is removing all the guns from the game and lets players play a game of dodgeball using only grenades.
There are also a few minor changes coming with this update, like reduced spawn rates for certain items. Balloons, gliders, and dual pistols will all spawn less often as floor loot. You can still get them out of chests as frequently as before.
For a look at all the changes coming to Fortnite with the patch v7.40 content update, the full notes are below.
WEAPONS AND ITEMS
- Use weapons or consumables as you ride the slopes. Boost past the competition with electrifying speed. Loot and revive downed allies. All without ever getting off the Driftboard!
- Building is not possible while on the Driftboard.
- Can be found scattered all around the map.
Reduced availability of Balloons from Floor Loot from 1.08% to 0.73%.
Reduced availability of Gliders from Floor Loot from 1.85% to 1.2%.
Reduced availability of Dual Pistols from Floor Loot from 1.39% to 0.66%.
LIMITED TIME MODE: DRIFTIN’
- Two teams of 32 players.
- All Chests and Ammo Boxes have been removed.
- Red Supply Drops fall all over the map, each containing a Driftboard, weapons, and ammo.
- Health and Shields slowly regenerate when riding on a Driftboard.
LIMITED TIME MODE: CATCH!
Available items and grenades:
- Smoke Grenades
- Remote Explosives
- Impulse Grenades
- Shockwave Grenades
- Chest spawns and Floor Spawns set to 100.
- Can only get consumables out of Chests, Floor Loot, and Supply Drops.
- Increase Supply Drops throughout the game.
- Faster circle times.
- Increased drop stack counts.
- Using HomeKit Secure Video in iOS 13.2 with Logitech Circle 2 cameras
- Spotify will now make a road trip playlist for you
- Disney+ surpasses 10 million subscribers on first day
- Fortnite’s skins are basically giant shitposts now
- Verizon’s Stream TV box costs $69, comes w/ Android TV, Disney+, and YouTube TV