The latest update of Apple’s watchOS 5.2 version is available today to all customers. This update comes two days after Apple released the iOS 12.2, tvOS 12.2 and macOS 10.14.4 updates to all customers, after its special event on Monday.
The new release includes support for Apple News+, announced during the “It’s show time” event, but it also makes ECG available for Hong Kong and some European countries.
Another feature is the release of two new Apple Watch Hermes faces. Owners of Hermes Apple Watch will receive two new watch faces in two colors: Cherry/Sakura and Bleu (pink and blue). And just like every other Hermes Apple Watch faces for the Series 4, these will adapt based on where the hour and minute hands are.
Apple issued a press release saying that ECG and irregular heart rythm are now available in 19 European countries, including France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom.
The full list of countries where ECG is available:
Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, US and US Virgin Islands
watchOS 5.2 release notes:
This update includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes:
- ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 now available in Hong Kong and some regions in Europe. For a list of available regions, visit:
- Irregular heart rhythm notifications now available in Hong Kong and some regions in Europe. For a list of available regions, visit:
- Adds support for AirPods (2nd generation)
- Supports real-time text (RTT) for phone calls
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
Also Read on TechDomes
- Snapchat on iOS adds integration with Reddit for easy cross-platform sharing
- Fortnite Chapter 2 trailer leak shows off new map, boats, fishing, and more
- October 2019 security patch now rolling out for Galaxy S10, Note 10
- Kuo on iPhone SE 2 details: iPhone 8 design, $399 starting price, 64/128 GB storage, red color option, no 3D Touch
- Overcast for iOS updated to support iOS 13 Dark Mode with two theme options