After Huawei announced that 49 of its devices would be receiving EMUI 9.1 in the coming months, we’re now already seeing the EMUI 9.1 beta rollout to a few select handsets.
The list does include a number of Honor handsets too. That was expected given that Honor is a subsidiary of Huawei, and all Honor handsets do run a slightly forked version of EMUI.
As for the list, it includes a number of devices that were previously said to be in testing. That said, as the EMUI 9.1 beta is only currently available in China, we’re not likely to see the stable release for a little longer yet.
- Huawei Mate 20 Lite
- Huawei P20 Lite
- Huawei Nova 3
- Huawei Nova 3i
- Huawei Nova 2
- Huawei P10
- Honor View 20
- Honor Magic 2
- Honor 7X
- Honor 8X
- Honor 9
- Honor 10
This update does vary slightly from handset to handset, as those using the Mate 20 Lite, Honor P10 and P10 Plus, Nova 3i, Nova 2s, Honor 9, and Honor V9 are receiving EMUI 22.214.171.124.
The Honor 10, Honor V10, or Honor Play sees the EMUI 9.1 beta update arriving as the 126.96.36.1990firmware. The same update is also rolling out as EMUI 188.8.131.52 to the Honor 8X and 184.108.40.206 to the Nova 3.
As this is a China-only rollout at the moment, we are not entirely sure if the EMUI 9.1 beta will head out globally or simply appear as a stable update in the coming months. Naturally, any Huawei or Honor users in China lack the ability to access Google Play Services natively, so we could see some quite different builds head to Western devices.
Also Read on TechDomes
- Snapchat on iOS adds integration with Reddit for easy cross-platform sharing
- Fortnite Chapter 2 trailer leak shows off new map, boats, fishing, and more
- October 2019 security patch now rolling out for Galaxy S10, Note 10
- Kuo on iPhone SE 2 details: iPhone 8 design, $399 starting price, 64/128 GB storage, red color option, no 3D Touch
- Overcast for iOS updated to support iOS 13 Dark Mode with two theme options
About the Author
Harry King’s favorite gear