Fortnite’s new update has come earlier than expected with new weapons, game modes and more to the Battle Royale game.
The 9.10 update version comes with audio improvements, lots of bug fixes, both on PC and mobile, and there’s a new crossover with Jordan that brings new cosmetics and game modes, too.
It seems there’s always something big happening in Battle Royale right now. We’ve seen another Avengers crossover, the launch of season nine, and the arrival of John Wick in recent weeks.
And it won’t stop there. The game’s latest crossover is with the Jordan brand — and that’s just one of many things you can look forward to in the version 9.10 update.
Fortnite teams up with Jordan
In addition to new outfits, complete with Jordan shoes, and a unique challenge pack, the new crossover brings a brand new limited-time game mode called Downtown Drop.
“Launch off massive jumps, grind down city streets, and collect coins to win,” Epic says.
In regular Battle Royale, you will also find three other LTMs to enjoy this week. Those are Sniper Shootout Duos, Unvaulted Squads, and Close Encounters Squads.
Look out for Hot Spots
This week’s update also brings Hot Spots to Battle Royale. They hover above select named locations and contain Loot Carriers that you can shoot down for additional high-quality weapons.
Epic says each Loot Carrier drops a weapon or rare or higher quality, along with two stacks of ammo.
Look out for gold place names on the map.
You’ll find at least one Hot Spot in every game, and each will have between 12 and 16 Loot Carriers, depending on the size of the location. Look out for the names highlighted in gold on the map.
Weapon changes and additions
The 9.10 patch makes a series of changes to existing weapons and items, and brings another back from the vault. Here are the details:
- Shadow bomb: Availability reduced. Drop count reduced from three to two.
- Semi-automatic sniper: Added back in to Battle Royale after spending months in the vault. Found in vending machines, chests, and on the floor.
- Combat shotgun: Availability reduced.
Big bug fixes, audio improvements
There are a long list of bug fixes and improvements in this week’s Fortnite update. Epic has also made all of the sound improvements it promised, which we detailed on Tuesday.
For the complete list of changes, check out the official patch notes on the Fortnite blog. When you’re ready, the version 9.10 update is available to download across all platforms.
Also Read on TechDomes
- Google Pixel XL and Pixel 3a get ‘see-through’ wallpapers courtesy of iFixit
- Apple may switch from OLED screens to microLED for Apple Watch
- You can now transfer data to a new iPhone wirelessly, or with a cable
- Apex Legends developers are looking for a way to detect keyboard and mouse players over consoles
- CarPlay in iOS 13 is bringing the best experience on a road trip