Thatgamecompany’s eagerly anticipated Sky: Children of the Light is coming exclusively to iOS next month.
The ethereal social exploration game, which takes place across seven different dream-like worlds, is its developers’ first title since 2012’s Journey. Check out the new E3 2019 trailer below.
Sky was first shown off at Apple’s iPhone 8 event back in 2017. At the time, company founder Jenova Chen introduced the title onstage, hailing it as a “romantic social adventure game.” Since then, the game has been in a long beta phase, likely due to its massive scope.
According to its developers, in Sky gamers can:
“- Soar and explore 7 dreamlike realms to uncover the mystery
– Encounter and socialize with like-minded players from around the world
– Feel free to express yourself with a delightful selection of character customizations
– Team up with others to adventure into darker realms, save spirits and uncover ancient treasures
– Gift candles of light to share appreciation and grow friendships
– Enjoy a unique musical experience and create harmonies together
– Join an ever-expanding world with new upcoming attractions, including seasonal events and expansion of realms.”
You can pre-order Sky from the App Store here. It will be available on July 11. It’s free to download, although a note on the App Store points out that, “This content may change without notice and the final product may be different.”
Also Read on TechDomes
- New YouTube Originals after September 24th will be free with ads
- watchOS 6 assets reveal new Apple Watch models coming in titanium and ceramic cases
- Apple running early access program for Apple Arcade, here’s what it looks like
- Google Assistant reminders can now be assigned to family members
- Case maker expecting ‘iPhone 11’, ‘iPhone 11 Pro’ and ‘iPhone 11 Pro Max’ brand names