Apple doesn’t change up the stock screensaver selection in macOS very often, but the latest beta of Catalina comes with a surprise in that area: a new screensaver called Drift.
The screensaver depicts a multi-colored 3D array of light trails, with each particle moving in a wave-like motion. It looks beautiful.
The screensaver is rendered by the GPU on-the-fly and features several different color theme options.
You can choose from a variety of hues including colors based off of your desktop wallpaper, as well as ‘Space Gray’, ‘Silver’ and the rainbow ‘Spectrum’.
macOS Catalina beta 3 was released yesterday.
Catalina includes features like dedicated Music, TV and Podcasts apps to replace iTunes, Sidecar external display options, Screen Time, Find My and more. The update will be available for all Mac users in the fall.
Also Read on TechDomes
- Google Pixel XL and Pixel 3a get ‘see-through’ wallpapers courtesy of iFixit
- Apple may switch from OLED screens to microLED for Apple Watch
- You can now transfer data to a new iPhone wirelessly, or with a cable
- Apex Legends developers are looking for a way to detect keyboard and mouse players over consoles
- CarPlay in iOS 13 is bringing the best experience on a road trip