How to Block advertisements on your Android Smartphone
Here’s How you can Block ads on your Android Smartphone from the Chrome Settings to Ad Blocking app.
- You can block ads on your Android smartphone using the Chrome browser settings.
- You can block ads on your Android smartphone by installing the Ad-Blocker App.
- You can download applications like Adblock Plus, AdGuard and AdLock to block ads on your Phone.
It’s a lazy Saturday afternoon, and you sit in your porch reading the articles you booked throughout the week for a weekly reading dose, and you bookmarked an ad. Then there is one more ad and another advertisement when you get that provocative piece in half.
Advertising was in the early days of the Internet age. The Advertisement of smartphone technology has only made it worse for internet users who seem to be unable to walk one step without stumbling across an Advertisement. Today, there are ads on the web, social media sites, and even on utility apps and gaming apps installed on our smartphones.
The web of these ads is so powerful that most Android users have no way out. However thanks to us, this is not the case. To block ads on your Android smartphone, all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
1. Using Google Chrome browser settings
While browsing the Internet in your browser – watching videos or reading articles – you may be accustomed to seeing a hosted ad while using the Chrome web browser on your smartphone, but these ads are not displayed by Chrome. And there is an easy way you can block these ads. Just follow these steps:
- Go to Chrome browser settings.
- Go to Site Settings and tap on it.
- Go to Pop-ups and toggle the switch
2. Using an ad blocker app
Alternatively, you can also use the AdBlocker app on your smartphone. Not only does this hold you back from the services you surfed on the internet, but it also doesn’t block the ads you see when using apps and games. However, there is a catch. You may need to make some changes to your device settings to install the Ad-Blocker APK. You can use Adblock Plus to block all the ads on your smartphone.
To configure your smartphone to download the Adblock Plus APK:
- Go to your device Settings. The go-to Security.
- Now, scroll down to Unknown sources option and tap on the checkbox.
- Tap on the OK option in the confirmation popup.
To install the Adblock Plus APK: